A-Z of Worker Help

We are currently building this section to provide links to official or otherwise reliable sources of information, help and support.

P-forms (P45, P60, P11D etc.)

You can find on the UK government website a workers’ guide to P45, P60 and P11D.

Pay As You Earn (PAYE)

The Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system is a method of paying income tax and national insurance contributions. Your employer deducts tax and national insurance contributions from your wages or occupational pension before paying you your wages or pension.

You can find guidance from LITRG on how PAYE works.

HMRC have guidance on their website on how you pay income tax.


A pension is a regular payment put aside throughout a person’s working life, in order to be used during retirement. They can come in many forms, such as a state pension (paid by the Government), a company / employer pension (with contributions typically made by both employee and employer) and private pensions, which you would set up yourself with an investment company.

You can find advice about Pensions and your rights from the Money and Pensions Service.

HMRC have guidance on tax and your pension contributions on their website.

There is guidance on tax and your private pension on the HMRC website too.

Personal Tax Account

If you are a worker in the UK you can use the UK Government’s Personal Tax Account service to check your records and manage your details with HMRC.

Access this service on the UK Government website.